These pillow-like Oat Banana Bites are great for breakfast on the go, a healthy sweat treat – or in my sisters case, a much needed snack whilst battling morning sickness.
Release your inner wild child and get adventurous by adding sweet chocolate chips, blueberries or dried fruit to the mix – making them extra nutritious and delicious.
With a mere four ingredients and 15 minutes prepping time; there’s really no reason you shouldn’t find time to make some Oat Banana Bites for yourself.
They’re best eaten straight away but store well refrigerated in an airtight container for a couple of days – should they they last that long. Enjoy!
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Preheat oven to 190 Degrees Celsius.
- Lightly coat a baking tray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together oats, mashed bananas, cinnamon and honey.
- Spoon small amounts of mixture onto baking tray to form bite size pillows.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- Chocolate chips
- Any dried fruit, chopped
Oat banana bites